Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Days 11 & 12- Busy Schedule

Having to sit down and write about my experiences every day has more than anything made me realize how UNinteresting my life is. Looking back on surface level this is pretty much how my days go:

M/W
I get up way too early (5:15 am) then work out way too hard (weights). I then have just enough time to shower but not enough time to nap before my classes at 9:00 and 10:00. I then get to eat lunch, and depending on my mood I will either study from 1:00 until 4:00 or sleep during that time. Around 6:00 I’ll run with my team and then either attend a sorority thing on Mondays or my Community Group on Wednesdays at 7:30. After all that I have to find time to eat/shower/study and I’ll be lucky to get to bed by 11:00.

T/TH
I (might) get up to an alarm titled “do something productive” around 9:00 and may or may not do anything productive…. but usually I’ll eat. I get to go to my favorite psychology class at 11:00 and then my least favorite psychology class taught by a professor who cannot pronounce the words on his slides (that I can pronounce) at 12:30. I eat something quickly around 2:00 before I have to report for soccer practice around 4:00. After practice I’ll have a couple hours to do whatever I want…eat/shower/nap. Then at 8:00 I’ll go to FCA on Tuesdays and on Thursdays I used to be free, but now I get to go to a Panhellenic bible study (yay!). After that I get to sleep by midnight if it’s a good night.

Fridays I sleep all day after morning weights. I manage to wake up as the sun goes to sleep and I'll meet up with friends usually. Saturday is pretty much a mirror image of Friday, excluding weights. Sunday I meet with a mentor group of girls, go to church/worship, then go to a Zeta meeting. Then I go home and pray Monday morning weights don't come. [Editor's Note- That's the one prayer God has not answered yet....BUT tonight we got a text from our coach saying this Wednesday's (tomorrow's) weights is cancelled!!!!! YAY]

If you’re still reading, I commend your attention span because I almost stopped typing that made me so bored. The life of a girl who cannot say no, meets the life of a girl who loves to stay busy. I write out my schedule on a sheet of paper at the beginning of every week and then enjoy (way more than I should) crossing each thing off once I do it.  When things come up that I don’t plan on, it stresses me out, but when things go as I plan, then I’m a really happy girl. That’s how I keep my mind sane.

And as you have read so far, Jesus is how I keep my heart sane. I could not heal my heart on my own, and am still struggling trying to rely on the Lord to do so for me. I am trying to live the life that the Lord has planned out for me. He has a specific blueprint for the life He wants me to live, and I'm finally learning how to read it.

I envision the Lord as I see myself—He enjoys crossing off His 'To Do List' for my life…. and I don’t want to stand in the way of that, now do I?

P.S.- not wearing makeup really comes in handy on rainy days (ladies, you know what I'm talking about....it's great, right??) Everyone looks just as bad as I do with no makeup on, or they look worse with mascara running down their face. I'm trying to find the humor in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment